April 11, 2017

Starting to say goodbye... Succulent Garden DSP

Alright, my friends - it's that time of year.  Nobody wants to say goodbye...

The list of retiring Stampin' Up! products has been released... there's a few things I'm saying good riddance to, a few that made me gasp, a few that made me shed tears, and a few that I can accept and move on.  And for the next few weeks, we'll be focusing on what's leaving, and preparing ourselves for their retirement; clearing our cupboards to make room for the new, or stocking up on what we're not ready to part with!

Which kind of crafter are you - the purger or the hoarder?

But - like every cloud - this one has a silver lining.  Retiring items are ON SALE, and up to 50% off. You won't want to miss out, so be sure to hop over to my Canadian Online Stampin' Up! store to shop while supplies last.  You won't be sorry!


I mentioned yesterday that I attended the fabulous OnStage Local event this past weekend.  Leading up to this event, I was holed up in my craft room, creating for weeks - and a big chunk of that was swaps to share with my fellow demonstrators!

I am in LOVE with the Succulent Garden DSP and wanted to ensure I used this package instead of letting it go to waste... like we say, if you love it, USE IT!  There's no sense saving your favourite paper only to let it retire and then donate it to the local kindergarten class, right?!  Or is that just me...


I used what was left of the package to whip up 38 swaps; 36 cards to trade with my friends at the event, and two to swap via mail with my mom and aunt in Ontario.  Each card was identical in layout, although the patterned paper provided some variety in the prints.  They all turned out quite beautifully, but this print is my favourite.  So lovely, isn't it?

But I didn't stop there.  I really, really love this paper.

I've been sending a lot of birthday cards lately, so I used the same layout to create a simple birthday card.


This one is perfect for so many people - I will be sending this to many of my aunts, who love gardening!


Want to make that simple card into something extra-special?  A few layers and some pretty embellishments - doilies, ribbon, and enamel dots - and you've dressed it up nicely.


I love this sentiment, from Balloon Adventures.  And yes... it's retiring too.

Almost everything on these cards is, actually... but don't worry.  Old Olive is staying; the ink, cardstock, enamel dots, AND baker's twine.  Thank goodness, because I would by inconsolable without my Old Olive.  #donteverletgo


The Succulent Garden DSP and it's companion items - including the Cardstock Pack, Ribbon Combo Pack, Succulent Framelits Dies, and Oh So Succulent stamp set are ALL on the retiring list, as are these gorgeous sentiments, from the Suite Sentiments, Suite Sayings, and Balloon Adventures stamp sets.  But that beautiful paper?  It's on sale for an incredible $8.70.  Don't miss out.

See you again soon.

Cheers,
Shannon

Shopping in Canada?  Please click the links below
 to view the items used to create these projects.  

No comments:

Post a Comment