March 30, 2017

Fancy Friday - March Sketch Challenge

Hi friends!  How excited are you that the weekend is almost here?  It has been one LONG week. We were just about to head out for dinner when Allison- whose blog you're just coming from - said she wasn't done her blog post yet and wasn't ready.  OH RIGHT.  I had somehow forgotten that this was tonight, and though my projects and pictures were done, this post would've gone live with nothing on it!  Thank goodness for friends who keep you in check... 

Our March Fanciness is coming in sketch form, with a twist.  We are using a pretty basic sketch, and showing how you can step it up to make cards for all levels of crafters.  Perfect for the beginner, the advanced, and everyone in between!  

Here's the sketch we are working with: 


Nice and simple!  A sketch like this is a clean slate; easy to quickly finish, but with lots of room to build.  Love it. 

I originally made two cards for this sketch, but when I showed a friend, she said "which one is the simple version?"  Whoops.  I really struggle with simple, and apparently, I wasn't quite there!  I decided to make my "easy" card my "easIER" card and then make another version that was ACTUALLY simple.  And so here's my set of three! 


This card was my late addition - no framelits, no colouring, no ribbon!  Very basic supplies but a great colour pallet and a clean, simple image.  This adorable grey polkadot paper is another Sale-A-Bration freebie you won't want to miss - that fabulous Carried Away DSP!


My "medium" card was my original simple card - and yes, it IS stepped down from my fancy one, but apparently I still overdid it!  I chose another image from the same stamp set - Perfect Mix - but this time, I watercoloured it a little bit.  The Layering Square framelits give it a nice matting, and the Sweet Sugarplum ribbon adds a touch of fancy.  That's not TOO over-the-top, right?!


But sometimes over-the-top is fun too.  My last card shown is the first I created; some silver, some heat embossing, some ink splattered, fussy-cutting, and more watercolour all adds up to a pretty fancy card... but not one that's too hard to make if you've got the tools on hand!


Altogether, I think these cards make a pretty sweet set.  Which one is your favourite?


Let's hop over to the incredibly talented Connie Collins and see what she's made this week - I'm sure it will be stunning, as usual!
Thanks so much for coming by - see you again very soon - I've got one more Sale-A-Bration feature for you before the month is over!

And if you'll excuse me, that sushi dinner is calling my name... 

Cheers,
Shannon

Shopping in Canada?  I'd love to help you create!
Use the links below to view the products used to create these cards.

1 comment: