July 24, 2016

Super Simple Spinning Space-Card!

Good morning, friends!  Let's wake up this morning with something super-simple - nice and easy for a Sunday morning!

Have you used the Sliding Star Framelit Dies?  They are SO fun.  I'm pretty much in love with them, and there are going to be a lot of spinners in my future!  This was the first one I whipped up.  And let my mistakes become your tips - read on!


The stamps in Shooting Star are SO cute, and paired with the Sliding Star Framelits, you can make some really cool interactive cards.  As I said, though, I learned a few things NOT to do when I made this card!

A few quick and easy tips to make your spinner cards a success -

  • When you cut out your track, keep the "track" piece until you assemble your card.  
  • Place all three pieces back together - the main piece, the "track," and the inside circle - and set them down on your card.  Use the "track" piece as a guideline to place your outside and inside pieces exactly even.  If you don't - as I didn't - your spinning embellishment will get stuck.
  • Use dimensionals sparingly and toward the outside edge when adhering your outside and inside pieces.  You don't want the spinning part to hit them on the way around.
  • Slip a small coin or washer under the track, then trim a dimensional into a smaller cicle and place on top.  Adhere embellishment to top of dimensional.  There is no need for a second coin or washer on top of the dimensional.  
  • Don't place any banners or embellishments over the track, like I did here - or if you do, know that your spinner will get stuck and not be able to spin past them.  
These cards are SO much fun, and anything can be a spinner - don't limit yourself to just the coordinating stamp set!  I have another fun spinner card I've whipped up that I'll be sharing shortly.

Have a fabulous day!

Cheers,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment