May 15, 2016

Tie-Dye Birthday

Good morning!  We've talked here before about my usual process - batch create, batch photograph, and eventually post my blogs - which leads to me often having a backlog of projects to share.  This is one of them. 

And to be honest, when I opened my previously-uploaded, photo-only, untitled blog post to edit and schedule it, I was so excited to see this fun tie-dye card!  It feels like it was a hundred years ago that I created this, and I'd all but forgotten about it.  And it's one of my favourites!  


The base and sentiment on this card were super simple, so I wanted to give it a burst of colour.  What better way than with some fun tie-dye watercolouring?  I simply punched a large circle out of Watercolour Paper and went to town with my Aqua Painter and reinkers - this was a mix of Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, and Daffodil Delight.  My best tip for this type of technique?  Use lots of water, lots of ink, and give it time to spread and swirl.  Don't try to control it!  

Today's "what's retiring" PSA?  The Gold Basic Metal Buttons, the 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Brights Candy Dots, and You're So Lovely (where the sentiment and banner stamps are from.)

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend - see you again tomorrow!

Cheers,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment