April 15, 2016

Inspired by... Beautiful Advertising!

Hello friends!  It's been AGES since I've done an "inspired by" post!  I occasionally like to share something that seems run-of-the-mill and ends up being a source of inspiration for paper crafting.  When you're open to it, inspiration is everywhere!

This past weekend, an advertisement for Chapters-Indigo (think Barnes & Noble, Canadian-style) popped up in my news feed on Facebook.  It was totally love at first sight, and I screen-capped it to save for later.


I mean, it's gorgeous, right?  That is some beautiful design, right there.

I had a customer request on deck for a bright, fun birthday card with a tea theme (my favourite!) so I decided this would be my jumping off point.


I went with Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, and Melon Mambo for my bold stripes in the background, then used those same colours to make a focal point.  I love how this came together!  Teacups don't have to be frilly and fussy - they'll go with whatever style and supplies you choose!  

Cheers,
Shannon


No comments:

Post a Comment