March 16, 2016

Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team Blog Hop: Shine On!


Hello friends, and welcome back for another Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team blog hop!  We are an international team of 20 fabulous designers this year, so please get comfortable, make yourself a cup of tea, and join us as we take a trek around the world with the beautiful Shine On Specialty Designer Series Paper.  Don't hesitate to use your "translate" button in your browser for easy reading (unless you are extraordinarily multilingual and fabulously talented!)

When my very first Artisan product box arrived back in December, I had an instant favourite - and it was the Shine On DSP.  It was FABULOUS.  My favourite things - brights, Kraft, neon, bold pattern, metallics, diamonds... ack!  I was IN. LOVE.  And the schedule was going to make me wait until March to indulge?!  Oh, heck no!  I literally cracked that package open and make this project that first day.  Seriously.  I had to get it out of my system before I could move on to anything else!


This fun gift bag has been sitting on my desk for MONTHS, waiting to be photographed and shared this week.  I've been dying to share it!


The DSP provides such a fun base, and since it's a Kraft cardstock with metallic/bright print, it is sturdy.  I used the Mini Treat Bag Thinlit and modified it a little bit to create this flat-bottom boxy bag. That's something I love about our dies - they are so much more versatile than you would think!  Want to learn this trick for yourself?  Here's a quick video to help you out... 


                                      

That's not too hard, right??  Now onto the embellishments...


The embellishments were a mix of bright, bold, and fun, and feature another strip of the reverse side of this same DSP.  Isn't it awesome?!  I just love it!  I've layered bits and pieces of lots of goodies to create a fun collage effect - Glimmer Paper, ribbon threads, Metallic Doilies, Pool Party Glitter Ribbon, Sequin Trim, DSP, and more!

I hope this inspired you to pull Shine On DSP out of your stash, or add it to your next order!  Let's hop across the globe to see Steffi in Germany next - I know she'll have something amazing (as always!)


Cheers,
Shannon


10 comments:

  1. Okay Shannon...first of all...I never would have thought of using the sunburst in vellum on a bag. Perfect...and now I will. Second...all of the little layered elements are amazing. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the box and especially the collage you created to decorate it! I can see why you couldn't wait to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous...soooo beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your treat bag Shannon - it's gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind words. Your project is so beautiful! I love the details! ❤︎

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am coming up to Canada to steal this from you! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this is one fabulous collage! And the vellum sunburst on the bag -- love! Such a cute project, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't tell you how much I love this- amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was wondering if you could do a video of how you made the bottom of your bag. I really like this bag as well as the treat bag. I could either one for holidays. I love filling bags with candy and giving to children. I love it even more when I can make the bags myself, Any and all help you could give me would helpful. Thank you for sharing. I really do love your project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gloria - thanks so much for your comment! I've filmed a video for you and added it to this post - I hope that helps you out!

      Cheers,
      Shannon

      Delete