August 04, 2015

Magic Birthday Party!

Okay, I'm SO excited today is finally here - I've been antsy with anticipation to share today's creations!

A few weeks back, I had this random idea to make a little top hat out of cardstock.  So that occupied me for a few minutes, and then after chuckling a few times and saying "what was I thinking?" and "WHY would I make a top hat?" and "what am I possibly going to do with this?", I set it aside.  I considered throwing it out.  I was in a slump a few weeks back and had a chronic case of hating everything I made.  We've all been there.

Anyway, I picked up the top hat a few days later and my bestie and I had a few more chuckles about just putting it on her dog or my son... because seriously.  Tiny paper top hat.  WHY, Shannon, WHY?! 

But then, the magic birthday idea took shape.  By time I was finished, my bestie was trying to convince me to throw my son a magic-themed party for his birthday.  Need an idea for the next party you're throwing?  Have a peek! 



The top hat spawned a little party wand, then a napkin ring, then a simple invitation - all from Stampin' Up products!


Quite frankly, I think that sweet little top hat would make an adorable centrepiece.  So glad I didn't throw it out!


The napkin ring was customized with a retired die, but any number (or just 29 again!) could be added with our Little Letters Dies!  And the invitation?  So easy - using Project Life Day to Day, simply add the date - duplicate the paper layers on the rear side and handwrite your invitation!  


Okay, now that I've written this post and reviewed the photos, I kind of DO want to throw a magic-themed party!  It's a bit of overkill for pizza with my family for a four-year-old, but when it's this cute and easy, why not?!

Have a magical day!


2 comments:

  1. Pleased to know about your birthday party and I am sure you enjoyed a lot. Couple of months ago, I arranged my niece’s birthday party at a lovely venue NYC. Got to know about few venues and looking forward to book perfect one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome theme for a birthday party. I am planning to give my son a birthday party at event venue in New York and I will try this theme since he loves to watch magic shows.

    ReplyDelete