February 28, 2015

Sweet Moments - Autumn Scrapbook Page

I've been working my tookus off the last couple of days, finally starting to go through the thousands (literally THOUSANDS!) of photos that have been stashed on my computer since our son was born in 2011.  I shoot in "raw" format, which can't be used for anything except editing - it can't be printed, uploaded to the web, nada.  So 5000 of those?  Yeah, it's a task and a half to go through them, delete the rejects, convert to JPGs, rename, file chronologically, etc.  I'm getting there, though, and I know this huge project will be worth it when I can finally start putting some family albums together!

As a result of all of this sorting, I was feeling rather sentimental about when my big dude was such a little dude.  I had a deadline today for a February team challenge, so I turned the sketch into a scrapbook page and got to work.


This photo was taken a little over two years ago - we had family portraits done when our boy was just one.  His big bald head was so dang cute.  It felt like it took foooooorever for him to grow some hair! 


I decided on a natural pallet with touches of gold.  I won the Artisan Embellishment Kit at a Stampin' Up event a while ago, so I pulled that out, too, and snuck a few pieces in.  The soft touches and metallic elements went perfectly.


A bit of stitching around some elements and we were done!

I don't get much "traditional" scrapbooking done these days; when I do, it's a huge task as it takes me hours to decide on a layout and put it together just-so.  But when I do - oh, I love doing it!  I love preserving our memories this way and having these special pieces for my family.

See you again soon!  

1 comment:

  1. Cute page :) I have to wait to spend anymore money until the new quarter but I'm so excited to buy project life stuff!! I'm determined to get my scrapbooks started!

    ReplyDelete