December 29, 2014

No stamps? No problem!

I've posted before about our monthly team challenges - we are given a set of criteria by which to create a project.  I love these because they really push me out of my comfort zone.  I was a little worried when I saw this month's challenge - "No stamps!" - but it came together much more easily than expected! 


The star of the show on this project is the beautiful Under The Tree Specialty DSP.  This printed, heavy-weight Kraft cardstock is SO beautiful.  The colours are so classically Christmas and all work beautifully together, and Kraft is the perfect neutral that goes with everything.  Love love love!  I will sure miss this when it's gone...

I used the papers for most every element of this card - the main background, the contrast piece, and the embellishment.  With the embellishment, I wanted to try a number of different techniques with the paper and put it all together.


...and really, it wasn't too hard!  Punch a scalloped circle and smush it up, ruffle a piece and sew it into ribbon trim, punch out some leaves, and do a twisted/rolled flower.  So many options!  For the lighter pieces (the flower and the "ribbon"), I used my bone folder to separate the two halves of the paper and lighten the load a little bit - it takes patience, but it works beautifully.

Last but not least, I needed a sentiment.  No stamps?  Hmm... better go with those fabulous little wood pieces from the Hello December Project Life kit.  Crystal Effects adheres them without issue.

I have one last project for the holiday season tomorrow - check back then before we kick off the new year with the new Occasions Catalog!  


No comments:

Post a Comment