October 29, 2014

Colour Challenge - Watercolour Feathers

Phew, it's been a few days!  I had my blog set to update over the weekend, but in actuality I was away from home - twice a year, I join a group of ladies in Banff for a crafting retreat.  It is FABULOUS and my twice-annual reminder to take care of myself and invest time in my hobbies.  I come home feeling so refreshed (albeit usually VERY tired!)

Our team has a challenge each month, and I love participating!  Being given a set of "ingredients" to make a card forces me to go outside of my comfort zone and do something I might have never tackled otherwise.  As I said to some fellow crafters this weekend, it makes me feel like the Iron Chef competitors for a minute - here's your mystery ingredient, and you have one hour to make a masterpiece!


This month's challenge was a colour combination - Rich Razzleberry, Rose Red, Marina Mist, Sahara Sand, and Old Olive.  I wanted to do another watercolour cut out, so I pulled the brightest colours to attack those, then filled in the background with the darker Rich Razzleberry and the neutral Sahara Sand.  Clean, simple, and pretty!  Theres a couple of little touches in there, too - Old Olive threads from the holiday twine, and a little piece cut out of a paper doily.  Love!  

See you again tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment